At AVM, we attribute our success in large part to our steadfast adherence to a solid set of principles:
We Invest in Our People
- Our people are our most important asset. We hire the best and brightest and give them every opportunity to enhance their skills and maintain a competitive edge. We have yet to find a limit to the responsibility our best people can assume or a challenge to which they cannot rise.
- The dedication of our people, and the intense effort they pour into their jobs, are greater than one finds in most other, larger organizations—an advantage that we consider vital to our success.
- For AVM to be successful, our men and women must reflect the diversity of the communities and cultures in which we operate. For this reason, we attract, retain, and motivate people from many backgrounds and perspectives.
We Value Integrity
- Integrity and honesty are at the heart of our business. We expect our people to maintain high ethical standards in everything they do, both in their work and in their daily lives.
- Our reputation is one of our key assets—one that if damaged, would be the most difficult to repair. Therefore, we are dedicated to complying fully with the letter and spirit of the laws, rules, and ethical principles that govern us.
- Our business is highly competitive, and we seek to expand our client relationships, yet we are always fair competitors and never denigrate other firms.
- We regularly receive confidential information as part of our normal client relationships. To breach a confidence or use confidential information improperly or carelessly would be unthinkable.
We Strive for Excellence
- We have an uncompromising determination to achieve excellence in everything we undertake. While we are involved in a heavy volume of activity, we would prefer to be the best rather than the biggest.
- We're focused on continually anticipating the rapidly changing needs of our industry and developing innovative new strategies to meet those needs, knowing that in the world of finance, complacency can lead to extinction.
- Significant employee fund ownership aligns our interests with those of our investors. In such an environment, profitability is critical not only to achieving superior returns, but also to attracting the best people to our firm.
- We stress teamwork in everything we do. While individual creativity is always encouraged, we find that team effort often produces the best results.
- Innovation is one of our cornerstones. While recognizing that the old way may still be the best way, we constantly strive to find better solutions. We pride ourselves on having pioneered many practices and techniques that have since become industry standards.